The first ever Rubik's Cube was invented in 1974 and the community instantly started to figure out how to solve it.The cube was created by a person named Erno Rubik.At first he wanted to learn how to crack the code of the Rubik's cube. It took him almost 3 months to learn how to solve a Rubik's cube. It didn't take long until competition started to take place. There is a certain way to solve the Rubik's Cube.

The way to solve them is called algorithms, certain steps in order to get to the solved state. There are multiple ways to solve the cube. The one that I use is called Beginner method because like… im a beginner. The most advanced one is called C.F.O.P which stands for Cross, F2L, OLL, and PLL. All of those Acronyms stand for something. F2l stands for First two layers, OLL stands for Orient Last Layer, and PLL stands for Permute last layer. So that's CFOP the most advanced way to solve the cube.

This is a step by step in pictures.

Now about the World Records that have happened, there  was a guy named Ronald Brinkmann and he solved it in 19 seconds in 1982. Compare that to today's World Record, Yusheng Du solved it in 3.47. Cubing competitions are a whole community that people love. Everyone is very happy for you if you get a new personal best, and the time you need to go to one is like 5 mins so if u can solve it in under that you can go to one. I feel that everyone can solve the cube, just look up a video there are thousands of tutorials of it. In cubing competitions there are many things you can do, there is blindfolded, feet, and even one hand solving. There are many different cubes like a MegaMinx a 2x2 a 4x4, pyraminx, skewb and even more. There are even puzzles that aren't cubes like the clock.