Stone Soup is the literary magazine and website 100% written and illustrated by kids through age 13. Now in its 48th year, Stone Soup has been inspiring children to read, write and create their own artworks for publication in our magazine since 1973. Our young authors’ and artists’ work is also published in our Annual, and on our blog. Inspire the children in your life with great short stories and poetry, beautiful art and photography, and thought-provoking reviews–all written by their peers, and published in a style and format they can take real pride in.
Subscribers to the print edition of Stone Soup get 11 full color, 48-page (approx.) issues every year–monthly, with a double issue in the summer–delivered to your mailbox, plus full access to our online edition, young bloggers, and resource pages. Free submissions are included in every subscription.
Subscribe now to inspire the the children in your life to read, write, and create.
- 11 new issues published online every year
- Blog posts from our growing group of young bloggers
- Book reviews by our young readers
- Every story from twenty years of back issues (more than 2,500 pages of reading)
- Downloadable PDFs of current and past issues
- Music compositions by kids
- Graphic art by kids
- Educator resources
- Stone Soup author interviews
Why subscribe to Stone Soup?
There are many things that Stone Soup can do for you and the children in your life:
- Encourage reading
- Inspire writing
- Inspire artistic endeavors
- Give young creators a real sense of achievement when they make Honor Roll or publication
- Get kids involved in an an international project
Stone Soup also provides a valuable teaching resource for homeschoolers and classroom teachers
Also available in the Stone Soup Online Store (stonesoupstore.com):
- The Stone Soup Annual, a beautiful full-color book in which we publish every issue from the year, plus a selection of our young bloggers work
- Single (non subscription) copies of monthly issues
- A series of themed anthologies—books of stories from Stone Soup brought together in thematic collections
- We also have a magnificent collection of children’s art which we sell as high quality color prints at our online store.
Stone Soup is published by the nonprofit 501C(3) Children’s Art Foundation. As an educational charity, we rely on subscriptions and donations to fund our work. Founded in 1973 and now with 45 years of creative output by children, your support helps us continue our mission of supporting the writers and artists of the future.