Jia’s Quick Mini Pizza

December 2017

By Jia Song Theiss

Quick Mini Pizza

One day I wanted some pizza but it was too late to order any.  But we did have all the ingredients in this recipe.  I decided to experiment and see if I could make several small pizzas using the English muffins.  With help from my Dad we cut a couple of muffins in half then toasted them in the toaster.  Then I covered two of the muffin halves with ketchup and a layer of cheese.  On the other two I put a piece of seaweed on top of the cheese.  We put the four muffin halves in the microwave and cooked them for about 30 seconds.  That melted the cheese.  They were great!  My favorite was the seaweed mini pizza!  You can add other things, too, like pineapple or sausage.*

Ingredients

1. English Muffins
  2. Tomato Ketchup (or tomato paste/tomato purée)
  3. Mexican Three-Cheese Sprinkles (or other kinds of melting cheese like mozzarella, cheddar)
  4. Seaweed or Other Things (optional)

Instructions

1. Split English muffins in half and toast in a toaster
  2. Place halves on a microwavable tray, face up
  3. Spread ketchup on the halves
  4. Place a layer of cheese over the ketchup
  5. On top of the cheese add seaweed or any other topping
  6. Put the tray in the microwave and cook for about 30 seconds or until the cheese is nicely melted

*A note from the Stone Soup test kitchen: we tried capers as one alternative  topping, and some artichokes in oil from a jar as another. They were really good, too!

Jia Song Theiss Jia’s Quick Mini Pizza

Jia Song Theiss, 10
Sammamish, Washington

About the Author