Giving voice to displaced children and young people.

As the world begins to open up again, Girl Pride International is looking forward to developing our current projects and creating new ones. We are a New York State registered nonprofit organization in the process of receiving our 501(c)(3) status, and have an active board who is intensively working to help make our vision a reality. We are always on the lookout for dedicated students and adults to help us on our journey, and have open arms for any partnering organizations who may want to collaborate and help further our vision. Currently, GPI is developing projects and collaborating with other organizations and nonprofits to assist Afghan refugees, especially young women and girls, in settling into the Long Island and greater NYC area. We believe now is a pivotal time to lead by example and with our actions to make the Afghan people feel welcomed and safe, and to let them know they belong and have a stake in the United States and the democratic values we hold. 

By mobilizing our communities, near and far, Girl Pride International believes we can have a great impact on refugees around the world, and by fostering a culture of acceptance and proactive empathy and inclusion, with a special focus on the disproportionately marginalized young women, we hope that together, we can make: “Today’s Girls, Tomorrow’s Leaders!”