fbpx

Stone Soup Honor Roll: January 2022

Welcome to the Stone Soup Honor Roll! We receive hundreds of submissions every month by kids from around the world. Unfortunately, we can’t publish all the great work we receive. So we created the Stone Soup Honor Roll. We commend all of these talented writers and artists and encourage them to keep creating. – The […]

Highlight from Stonesoup.com

From William’s Writing Workshop, #68: Sense of Place The Writing Challenge: Describe a place or a setting in which a story will take place from the point of view of a character. Arctic Winter Cold, howling wind whipped through my fur, blowing endlessly. The deep snow crunched under my paws, stretching as far as my […]

The Desert

The sand is an eagle as it flies across the desert and eventually forms a mountain. They fly together in a pack across the Sahara of nothingness. As the wind blows, it forms sweet ripples in the smooth sand. Tarantula As the sand flies, the dry cactuses are just dots to them. As the cactuses […]

The Discovery

A British soldier, lost in the desert, stumbles upon an enemy camp The evening sky—infused with soft pink and purple hues of twilight from the last dying rays of the sun—was beginning to darken, and a silvery, pale crescent moon was emerging, along with the first pinpricks of light from the stars, bathing the barren […]

Say “Salt, Salt”

A translation of a Turkish fable about a very forgetful man tasked with buying some “hik” In Turkey there was a farmer. He had a servant. The servant’s name was Hasan. Hasan was a very good man. He was very good indeed, but there was a small problem. Hasan was very forgetful. Here he hears, […]

Join us in saying YES to kids—Support Stone Soup Today!

X