Sabrina Lu, 13 (Ashburn, VA)

How to Live the Life You Dream of Living

Sabrina Lu, 13

If you would like to live the life you dream of living, please follow the steps below as a guide. However, there are no right or wrong steps in living the life you desire. It is all about you. This list is simply a reference.

1. Be yourself. It’s that simple and that hard. No one knows who you aren’t. No one knows who you are. Only you do. You can be anyone in the world or be yourself. Remember that there is only one of you and nearly eight billion others.
  2. Look at the mirror with confidence. Believe you can, and you’ve done the most challenging part of believing that you can and you will. Your journey may not be exactly as you imagine it, but it will be a great accomplishment to take pride in.
  3. Look up to others and yourself. You are one of the most extraordinary people on Earth. You have so much potential and can soar so high. You can inspire future generations and change the world for the better.
  4. Take care of yourself. Much like a good book, you need to be cared for. It’s perfectly alright to rest still for days at a time. Don’t forget to dust yourself. Let go of past grudges and think ahead to all the great wonders the future has to offer. The longer you hold on to something, the more tiring it will be to hold on to it.
  5. Find the little things that bring you joy. Sometimes it is the smallest things that make all the difference. One genetic mutation can create an entirely new species. One microscopic particle can evolve into a life-changing remedy. There are no limits to this list. If you imagine it, the list is endless. The opportunities are endless. You are limitless. You are empowered.

Repeat the following steps above as often as you wish, and if you want to see how far you can stretch your wings, try creating your own list and refer to it often. It will always be there for you.

No matter how tough life may seem, if you stick with it, you can’t go wrong. Even in the emptiest and darkest of places, there is always light. You just have to find it.