Audrey Zhang, age 11, is a fantastic artist, so we were only a little surprised when we learned that she won this year’s national Doodle 4 Google contest. Go, Audrey! Her doodle was selected from more than 10,000 entries by kids across the U.S. in grades K–12. Some of you were lucky enough to see Audrey’s doodle on Google’s home page, where it was featured for 24 hours on June 9, 2014.

If you missed it, or even if you didn’t, you can read the whole story here, see Audrey’s doodle, and learn more about her experience. Take a look at the video, too.

Audrey has illustrated two stories for Stone Soup, including Standing Alone, the featured story from our May/June 2014 issue. Watch for more of Audrey’s work in future issues of Stone Soup.

Gerry Mandel
About the Author

Gerry served as editor and co-director of Stone Soup for more than 44 years, from its inception in 1973 through the publication of the July/August 2017 issue.