School is out and the sun is blazing hot each day. You are looking forward to some fun days since summer has finally arrived! However, there may be some days that you are feeling bored at home with nothing to do. Here are 10 fun things you can do this summer to help you get rid of this problem:
- Hike: This is a great way to get exercise while observing the beauty of nature!
- Go to the park: Parks are also a great way to get exercise. You can even invite your friends to play with you–it's a good way to stay in touch during the long break.
- Go camping/glamping: Staying outdoors and living completely off the grid is another great way to have some fun this summer. If camping isn’t your thing, try glamping, which could include staying in a cabin or RV truck (these places let you enjoy nature while still having access to amenities like air conditioning, a comfortable bed, and a clean, bug-free bathroom).
- Volunteer: Whether at a library, the animal shelter, or a nursing home, volunteering is a great way to spend your time. It helps other people and makes you feel good inside. Look online today to find a local place that offers volunteering opportunities for kids!
- Visit a Museum: Museums are great places to spend your time, if not admiring famous art pieces then doing hands-on activities. You can learn so many new things while having fun.
- Read: Make a list of books that you want to read over the summer. You can even do a book club with your friends or participate in a summer reading challenge at a local library.
- Have a sleepover with your family/friends: Order some pizza, bring out the sleeping bags and watch a movie. This is a great way to have fun and bond with your family or friends!
- Start a big project: Choose a big project to work on by yourself, as a family, or with friends. Some examples are: building a large Lego sculpture, making a big puzzle, or even writing a book. Summer is the perfect stretch of time for you to take on a big project and be happy with the results.
- Learn something new: Whether it is a new language, a new skill or hobby, learning something new will make you feel proud of yourself. This can be a big accomplishment that is perfect to begin this summer.
- Create a summer scrapbook: Near the end of summer break, collect things that represent what you have done throughout the summer and put them together in a scrapbook. Add captions and you will have something to remember the summer by!
All of these activities for the summer are great ways to spend your time instead of lying on the couch all day watching TV or playing video games. It is important to stay active and be productive for at least some days in the summer. Have a great fun-filled summer and comment down below what you are planning to do this summer. The more ideas we can share with each other the more fun we all can have!