The Arcadia
The Arcadia (acrylic) by Arwen Gamez, 14; published in the January/February 2024 issue of Stone Soup

A note from Emma Wood

Hello, all!

I’m thrilled to share with you that… today the sun is out in Cincinnati! It has been raining and gray (or snowing and gray) nearly every day since we got back from our trip west over Christmas, and it feels so good to finally feel the sun on my face—even in the cold! For those of you experiencing winter right now, I hope you are still getting some occasional sunshine, and soaking it up when you do.

The other (actual) news I am thrilled to announce is that this spring, Stone Soup is launching a new contest series! Starting today, we are accepting submissions for our Short StoryPoetry, and Artwork Prizes. We will select a single winner—one story, one poem, one piece of art—from each category and publish them in the magazine. Winners will also receive three free expedited submissions ($30 value) and a years’ print subscription to the magazine ($90 value). We may also select some runners up for publication, and all entries are always considered for publication in the magazine as well. The deadline is May 1, 2024.

We can’t wait to start reading and viewing your work!

The Stone Soup Story Contest

The Stone Soup Poetry Contest

The Stone Soup Art Contest

Stone Soup is published by Children’s Art Foundation-Stone Soup Inc., a 501(c)(3) educational nonprofit organization registered
in the United States of America, EIN: 23-7317498.