Sistories is a podcast about travel hosted by two sisters–Maryam and Nour!

NOUR and MARYAM: Hi, everyone!! Welcome to our podcast Sistories!

NOUR: Hi, I’m Nour, and it’s hard to believe, but this is our third episode of Sistories! My sister and I LOVE to travel, and we want to inspire YOU to travel, too! That’s why we host this podcast.

MARYAM: Hi! I’m Maryam, the Magnificent! Last month’s episode was about how to pack for an AMAZING trip no matter WHERE you go! Today we want to talk about COOL PLACES TO VISIT!

First, we want to tell you about our absolute FAVORITE place on earth to go! It has clear, beautiful blue water. Want to guess?

Grenada! Our family goes there because it’s where our dad’s family is from. We’ve only been there once, but we want to go back!

Here are some fun facts about Grenada:

1) It is a very small island that is only 21 miles long and 12 miles wide.

2) Another name for Grenada is the Island of Spice!

3) The flag has three colors!

Yellow stands for the warmth of its people and also the warmth of its island weather
Red symbolizes their bravery
Green represents what grows on the island

4) Grenada is home to the first ever underwater garden! It even has sculptures!

5) Hurricane Ivan destroyed a lot of the island in *2004, but when we went, it seemed fine.

6) You can also go see Fort George. It is a place they used for battle, and it had a cannon. The fort was all rock and kind of broken down. It was so high that you could see the town down below.

7) The food is very good in Grenada. We ate roti which is seasoned chicken and potatoes. It’s really really really good. You should try it.

8) The ocean in Grenada is turquoise and the beaches have white sand. The water is so calm. There are no waves, just ripples.

NOUR: Hi, it’s Nour. My sister told you some facts about Grenada, and I want to tell you a few more facts along with some stories!

As my sister said, Grenada is the Island of Spice, but I’m going to tell you why. It grows the largest percentage of the world’s supply of nutmeg! We brought home a couple of nutmeg kernels. The outer skin is light brown, and when you crack it open, you can see the seeds and it smells really good. The island also supplies cinnamon, mace, cloves, and other spices.

June in Grenada is beautiful so you might want to visit in summer. You will eat amazing mango. In the resort where we stayed there were mango trees everywhere! We just picked them off the tree, peeled them, and ate them like apples! There are lots of kinds of mangoes. The small ones are the sweetest; the bigger ones are good for cooking.

You will also eat and drink yummy, fresh coconuts! What I mean by eat and drink, is you can drink the coconut water and then eat the meat inside of the coconut. What I like to do is to find a big rock and bang the coconut until it cracks
open! Then drink! (You can also just find a guy with a machete to open it for you.)

If you like snorkeling or scuba diving, Grenada is the place! You can explore the largest shipwreck in the Carribean, The Bianca C, or see the 65 sculptures in the underwater sculpture garden! We got to go on the underwater tour, and it was so cool! My dad went down and even touched a sculpture. Even if you don’t know how to swim, you can observe everything from the glass-bottomed boat!

Grenada is one place favored by many people, including me! It’s truly unique!

By the way, you don’t have to visit the places we go! Your family probably has some good ideas, too. You could visit
Europe or Africa. You could visit places where your relatives live. Or, you could just look for new places that you haven’t been to before and try them!

Where do YOU want to visit?

NOUR and MARYAM: Thank you for listening to our podcast Sistories!

MARYAM: Next time we are going to talk about another cool place to visit: ITALY!

NOUR and MARYAM: Have a great trip!

Comments

1. Amazing stories about Grenada girls! Im packing my bags now and heading to the airport . Thanks for the great info and see you in Grenada!!!

2. Girls you did an amazing job , telling us all about Grenada.
    By the way my mom was from Grenada
    It is truly a beautiful place. I will love to go back and visit.
    Keep up the good work. It was wonderful.
    Blessings.

3. I totally enjoyed your wonderful stories of Grenada. You both sound inspirational and so well informed given your tender ages.

I look forward to future podcasts

4. Good job indeed. However please note that Hurricane Ivan was actually in 2004, and Grenada is no longer the second largest producer and exporter of nutmegs in the world. Due to the devastating impact of Hurricane Ivan, it plummeted to number 8. And almost 20 years later it’s still at number 8. Also there are now 135 statutes in the under water sculpture park. Blessings.