Space Mushrooms (acrylic) by Delilah Prager, 10; published in Stone Soup March 2023

A note from Tayleigh Greene

Hello!

It's been a while since I've written a newsletter, but you may have communicated with me if you've ever needed customer service at Stone Soup. Since January of this year, I've also been the person behind Stone Soup's Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter pages, and I am so excited for this opportunity to take Stone Soup's online presence to the next level.

It's difficult for me to imagine a world without the Internet. But 50 years ago, Stone Soup was born in a college dorm room—ten years before the official birthday of the Internet. Naturally, Stone Soup has experienced plenty of changes over these past 50 years, and the shift to the digital age has been a major one, if not the major one. Like most journals and newspapers, Stone Soup is finding its way in the digital era, and we're trying new things. In 2020, we began hosting our virtual writing workshops, which have proven to be wildly successful and would never have been possible if not for the Internet. In January, we launched our first ever GoFundMe campaign. Last week, we posted our first Reel to Instagram. We have some exciting projects in store for our InstagramFacebook, and Twitter pages, and I encourage you to keep up with Stone Soup by following us on our social media platforms. And, if you'd like to help us expand our online presence, I am pleased to announce that we are now accepting interns. If you are interested in working with me as a social media intern, please email tayleigh@stonesoup with a description of why you're interested in the role, a little bit about yourself, and any applicable skills you would bring to the position. I look forward to hearing from you!

I also want to share that our GoFundMe campaign has raised nearly $10,000! Thank you to all who have joined us so far; we are so grateful for your support. We ask once again that you consider contributing to our campaign and share our page with anyone who might be interested in supporting our mission. Help us get to $10,000 and beyond!
My best,

Stone Soup is published by Children’s Art Foundation-Stone Soup Inc., a 501(c)(3) educational nonprofit organization registered
in the United States of America, EIN: 23-7317498.