Young Composer: Brandon Thibodeau

Music, Young Composers, Young Creators  /   /  By William Rubel
November 2018

Brandon Thibodeau is a young American composer. This award winning Tango titled, A Collaborative Conversation, was composed by Brandon Thibodeau in 2014 when he was twelve. It is written for  clarinet and piano. In this video, Brandon is playing the piano. Brandon works with the composer Narong Prangcharoen.

About the Author

In 1973, I was twenty years old, teaching children's art classes at my college, the University of California, Santa Cruz, and came up with the idea that the best way to encourage children to write was to introduce them to the best writing by their peers. Stone Soup grew out of that idea, and I have continued to publish Stone Soup for all these years.
I am also a culinary historian. I write about traditional foodways. My book, "The Magic of Fire," is about hearth cooking. My book, "Bread, a global history," speaks for itself. I am currently writing a bread history for a University Press. I publish articles on gardening and traditional foodways at Mother Earth News. I also publish on wild mushrooms and other food-related subjects.